Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

Due to technical difficulties, I'm a day late in getting this posted. You know how it is there is always something not updated, something trouble shooting, or just doesn't work when you need it to on the good old computer. Okay, so I was trying to post a video of our Thanksgiving Weekend; however, due to operator error...no I mean technical difficulties I'm still working on the video. So you'll just have to do with the good old photo and dialogue.

Our Thanksgiving weekend started out with a party, that is a party for my Grandmother who celebrated her 95th birthday. At least we believe it is her 95th, she won't confess to it.


The whole family clan gathered and begin our Thankgiving Holiday by wishing her a Happy Birthday. Now this is one classy lady, and she has touched many of our lives and we just love our Grandma Pinkie.

Wednesday evening after the party it was time to create a salt brine for the Turkey to soak in over night. Thursday morning bright and early we rinsed the bird off, stuffed some herbs and basted the bird with butter. Then into the oven for family and me.



Meanwhile, tables were set and decorations arranged to create the perfect setting for a Thankgiving Dinner. Oh, did I fail to point out that this was the first time that Cheryl and I have hosted let alone cook a Thanksgiving Turkey. Hm, I wonder who really is the turkey.


About this time, the first annual Turkey Bowl in the park near our home was begining to unfold. A number of brother-in-laws, nephews, sons, and friends gathered to brave the perfect Turkey Day weather and play a game of pigskin. I believe there is a few Heismen Trohpey winners in this group as you can see.




It was now time for the feast. Thirty-five brave adults, okay, thirty three brave adults not counting Cheryl and I sat down and bowed our heads for grace. I believe there may have been a special blessing on the food. The meal turned out to be grrrrreat. The turkey was moist and tasty. There was plenty of food for all. Here are some of those times well wasted.










































Afterwards, a quick clean up of paper plates allowed the family to visit and play games. Even had a match of Mario Kart going on at one point. I think that we all enjoyed the day.




Best of all was the time spent with family. We missed my younger brother and his family; but otherwise, all of my sisters and their families were there with my parents. I even better was the time that my children and grandchildren took to spend Thanksgiving Day with Cheryl and I. That was indeed the best part of the day. Thanks everyone for making this Thanksgiving Day the Best!

5 comments:

Chelsey said...

Great day! Thanks!!

Lisa Bunker said...

Loved Thanksgiving this year!!! It was so nice to be with everyone, thanks for your hard work
1

Bitters said...

It was the BEST Thanksgiving... Thanks for a great day!! your writing is so GOOD....xo

Tyler & Nicole said...

Thank you Jeff and Cheryl for hosting! The food was great, especially your turkey!!!

Rachel said...

It was a great day! Thanks for all your hard work and for letting us be there with you!