Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Board Meetings, Dancing with the Stars, and a Trip to Ohio Continued

May 10th, Saturday A wonderful day today. Started the day at the Kirtland Historical Visitor Center. Elder & Sister Dechamps gave us a wonderful uplifting tour and more important tolerated our grandson, Gabe during the tour. I have come to realize the true meaning of "down", "uh-uh", and "No". I can truly say that John and Rachel have their hands full with Gabe. He is full of energy. Today can maybe be best summarized as a wrestling event with Gabe taking on Dad, Mom, Grammy and Papa and let's just say that Gabe was victorious.











It was a provocative moment to walk the grounds of Kirtland and to ponder on the many events that transpired in Kirtland. To walk through the Newel K. Whitney home, store, the saw mill and ashery and finally the Kirtland Temple. We also visited the Issac Morley farm and walked the original trail of the early settlers. We also visited the John Johnson Farm and here again stood in the same location as the early church leaders. The service rendered and sacrifices made is nothing to what we today are asked to give. What wonderful examples of giving one's heart, mind, and strength to the Lord.

Returned to Dayton, needless to say tired yet filled with the spirit of the day.

Sunday, May 11th, Happy Mother's Day! Rain all day today but despite the rain we still found time to honor the mother's in our life.

I don't know what I would do without Cheryl who keeps the spice in my life alive. Thanks Honey!


We first, attended church with John, Rachel and Gabe. Hm, or was that another wrestling match with Gabe we went to this morning.



I would say that Rachel has earned her stripes as she provides the constant care and attention that Gabe requires of her. Her hands are full taking care of Gabe and she does an great job of it.

As a father, I couldn't be prouder of my daughters, Jenny and Rachel and the great mothers that they have become.

We then had a delicious pork roast dinner with John's secret ingredient mixed into the mashed potatoes. Our stomachs full, we then crashed after lunch and slept for a couple of hours before coming back to life. Called our mothers in our life and daughter, Jenny and wished them all a Happy Mother's Day. Watched a couple of movies and then retired for the day.

To my wife, mother and my daughters: Thank you for your endless service and love!

Monday, May 12th, Time to go home. John actually left early this morning to fly to Boston for a conference this week. We spent the morning leisurely relaxing and then drove to Dublin and walked about the village. With a storm brewing, we then had Rachel take us to the airport and began the journey home.

I guess the best part of the journey home was I actually encountered a Playboy Bunny in real life. We were booked on a full flight and all the seats were taken. Cheryl and I found two seats together and a fellow across the aisle asked us to save the aisle seat for his girl friend. Okay, no problem. Well the next thing I know here comes this enthusiastic, bubbling girl up the aisle of the plane and plops down next to me and says Hi, how are you? I might add at this point, she was nearly dressed in a bunny suit.

Well after about 5 minutes of non-stop talk and asking questions, I knew that it was going to be a long long flight and I began to figure out how to imploy my headphones politely. Amongst all of this girls discussion she finds out that Cheryl and I have been to Las Vegas before and then informs us that she is a Playboy Bunny working at the Playboy Club in Las Vegas. She then invited us to come and try the blackjack table where she dealt cards. Hm, I told her the stakes were not high enough and that I was a licensed gambler in Utah where the stakes started at $10 million and went up to the Billion of dollars. I think that caught her a bit off guard, she never did figure out that I'm a contractor but at least it allowed me a chance to imploy the headphones and close my eyes.

The life we live by following our dreams and the adventures we encounter makes life our journey. Another memorable adventure lived.

1 comment:

The Boyacks said...

It sure sounds like you and Cheryl had a wonderful time. I am glad that you could go and see Rachel, I know that it meant a lot to her! I am sad that we were not with you guys. Your last couple of posts were really nice, thanks for sharing!