Sunday, August 5, 2007

Day 162: Progress??


Well we accomplished about half of what we had hoped for this week. First accomplishment is the stucco base course was installed. Now we get to wonder when will the rock and color stucco be installed. One week, two weeks, do I hear three?

Our wood trim subcontractor did show up for a couple of days this past week and hung the doors,reviewed the closet design with us,and began to complete the closets. Hopefully, he will come back soon. We haven't seen him for three days now. Another MIA if you know what I mean.


To just add to the plot, our contractor enters the hospital tomorrow for hip surgery. Yup, I'm sure that he will be up and pushing the work with a day or so. He ensures us that the work will continue to progress but also reminds us that he has more than one home he is building.

I'm looking at the work to complete and the progress observed in surrounding homes has me worried. Mid-September? I'm begining to believe that it might be October.

1 comment:

Grandma Chris said...

You have my deepest, heartfelt sympathy.... No I really am serious... Sometimes it leaves you wondering why we were nuts enough to do it in the first place. But, be patient. If you are half as happy with your finished product as we are ours, it will be worth it. It feels like we are on vacation every time we come home. Much Love... Christine (and Kevin)