Thursday, April 12, 2007

If Momma isn't Happy Nobody is Happy


One sleepless night, one e-mail later, and a few phones calls got our dream back on track. Our realtor called this morning after recieving my e-mail which documented the fact that we had communicated our desire to the orientation of our home and which also clearly and boldy communicated that the excavation was not acceptable.

Shortly after 8:00 am I had a phone conversation with our builder. He asked how important it was to have our garage located on the right side of our home. I informed him that my wife was ready to walk away from the project.

One more phone call from our builder who informed me that he understood that if "Momma isn't happy, nobody is happy" Therefore, he would re-exacvate and extend the garage footings down and accomodate the layout to our desires.

So we are back on track with only a few hours of loss production. A excavated hole with a new layout. Anticipate placing foundation on Monday. I do have to say our builder was great in accomodating our desires.

No comments: