Sunday, April 22, 2007

Happy Birthday Papa

They say that one of the signs of old age is losing one's memory, you know becoming senile. Hmmm, yesterday was my birthday and I can't even remember if Im 48 or 49. Is this an early sign???

My family finally informed me that I was 48, however, that didn't help neither since I feel as if I'm 49 plus. I like to think that I'm still the handsome 21 year old stud that I "use to be"; however, it is obvious that I'm no longer lean but more "rounded" and less agile.

I had a good birthday despite my age. Last weekend we celebrated as a family all together. I received a wonderful IPOD adaptor for my car which I have thoroughly enjoyed all week along with the wonderful Dutch Oven dinner that Taylor cooked for us.

Taylor, gave me a wonderful four wheel package deal. All I have to do is pick a date and he does the rest. Hmm, where should we go and ride to our hearts delight or at least until the old man tuckers out?

Yesterday, I received a phone call and "papa" was asked to come by Adyson's home to receive a large plate of cupcakes. Mmmm, my favorite yellow cake mix with chocolate. Of course we ate several together right then.

Cheryl surprised me with a wonderful steak dinner at Ruth's Chris. Finally, some time to just be alone and relax. Our life's are too hectic. Yes, we forgot all about what the doctor order and the diet and said yes to dessert.

Finally, I arrived home to have a wonderful phone message and e-card awaiting me from John, Rachel and Gabe. It was almost as real as having the Mormon Tabernacle Choir there to sing Happy Birthday to me. What a treat!

This year my birthday has really made me ponder about my age and my inability to do the things that I use too. However, the best thing about my birthday is my wonderful family! Thanks for making my birthday great!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds like a big day for an old man! No wonder you were tired when I talked to you on the phone! Just kidding! You're not old! You're not even 50 yet, just ask Cheryl...now she's old! Okay, really just kidding that time! Love ya both!!! Hope you had a great birthday!
John, Rachel and Gabe

The Boyacks said...

Hey, It sounded like you had a fun filled week of birthday treats. That is the way to celebrate. But you forgot to mention all the time and the wonderful gift that Rachel and I gave you. The senile must be setting in already.