Saturday, August 21, 2010

Grandma Pinkie

Recievd word after a troublesome day that my final grandparent, Grandma Pinkie, passed away late yesterday afternoon. I'm grateful for the time that I knew my grandparents and grandma pinkie. I'm sadden to have known the pain that she had to endure this last few years yet grateful that she has now returned home to love ones and her eternal companion.

I think that my eternal companion's comments on facebook say it the best:

Attitude is everything! Grandma Pinkie passed away today. She's larger than life & enriched us in amazing ways. I'm grateful for eternal perspective! I'm choosing to spend a little time & think about what a GREAT day she is having being reunited with loved ones. Grandpa, who was her other half & has missed every single day & her mother whom she loved so much. So, Pinkie have a great day! We love you & will miss you.

Thanks Cheryl for those words of wisdom and gratitude. We love you Grandma Pinkie and we are grateful for the time that we did have here on earth to know you and have you as our grandma.

1 comment:

Tyler & Nicole said...

Cheryl did say it very very well! And what a cute picture of her & the girls.