Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fall Time

It's our favorite time of the year, fall brings ideal temperatures and the mountains come alive with colors. Cheryl and I ventured out today. We love the area we live in.

Well let's get started. Let's see, I got my fishing vest and waders so let's go! We can take the Alpine loop and as we see a good or two hole we'll just drop a line in for a fish or two.
Today was "free day" to the Alpine Loop and I believe the whole state took advantage of the opportunity. Well maybe not the whole state population but probably all of the surrounding counties.

Despite all of the traffic and people it was a beautiful day and we enjoyed every minute of it. We saw lots of beautiful country, a few unusual sites, and breathed in a lot of fresh mountain air.
Rachel, here's a photo that you'll like. It ought to bring back good old memories of dad driving into a hole while driving around the alpine loop. I can just see and hear it now.



"Oh look how beautiful the leaves are." "Honey let's pull over and take a picture of the leaves." "Okay" "Oh CRAP!"

Hmm, I wonder if they took a picture of the leaves. And you all thought that I was bad when I drove into a little hole.

What about the fishing? I was already to catch the big ones. Let's see got my fishing vest, got my waders, ... oh crap didn't bring my pole. Regardless we still wouldn't trade the day.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Your pictures are beautiful! I miss seeing autumn in the mountains. It's a pretty time of year here, but nothing compares to Utah's mountains in the fall!

The Boyacks said...

Looks like you had a good day! The mountains are gorgeous, so glad that was not you on the side of the road.

Rachel said...

What'd you do? Run them off the side of the road while you were pretending to be a racecar driver on the Alpine Loop?