Sunday, June 10, 2007

Day 106 : Home for Sale

This week not a lot was accomplished due to inclement weather. Tuesday and Wednesday we experienced heavy rain and "snow" storms. However, despite the weather the electricans managed to install the rough wiring through out the house and now with a little bit of coordination with the plumber sub, audio sub and the mechanical sub we should be just about ready for that 4-way inspection.

According to realtor the 4-way inspection is approixmately 50% complete.

Oh, did I say realtor, that's right part of living the dream is to sale our home too. We actually listed our home on or near April 1st. We thought that it would be a good April's Fool Stunt other than we are serious about the whole thing.

We have had a dozen prospective buyers come by and take a tour but no offers. I was starting to worry that I might be in trouble. No offers coupled with the fact that just in a 1 square mile all of a sudden their were 6-8 more homes that were for sale. I was concerned that a buyer might wonder what's wrong with the area or was the market turning downward.

It was time for desprate measures. On May 29th, we removed the home from the listings lowered the price (You see I was trying time everthing so that I only had to move once and so the first time I listed the home I purposely listed it at a reasonable but higher price) and relisted on June 5th.

I must say this was a Awesome Strategic Move!

June 6th we had an offer on the home and by Friday the 8th, we had a contract to sell. The buyer had fallen in love with the home on the first listing and had toured the home then. When we removed the home from the listings, they were devasted and thought that they had lost the opportunity. The rest is history, they didn't wait at all to make an offer once we re-listed the home.

I am pleasently satsified with the deal. I believe that we have sold the home at a fair price and we have to close on or before August 31st; which should time out just about right with Cheryl and I moving into our New Dream Home. It's also a big relief financially, needless to say.

1 comment:

The Boyacks said...

Congratulations I am so happy that it all worked out. Way to Go!!!